Energy Saving Tips - Lighting
- Use energy-efficient, ENERGY STAR qualified CFLs instead of standard incandescent light bulbs and you can use 75% less electricity.
- ENERGY STAR CFLs also emit less heat and are cooler to the touch than incandescent bulbs.
- Replace your home’s 5 most frequently used incandescent lights with CFLs, you can save more than $60 a year in energy costs.
Ceiling Fans with Lighting Kit
- Invest in an ENERGY STAR qualified ceiling fan with a lighting kit to help cool your home and improve airflow. An ENERGY STAR qualified model is about 50% more efficient than a conventional unit and can save up to $20 per year on cooling and heating bills.
- ENERGY STAR lighting fixtures put out the same amount of light as standard fixtures while providing excellent color rendering and light temperature.
- Use only floodlights when needed, they use 2.5 times more electricity than indoor lights.
- Replace 150 watt floodlight bulbs with outdoor ENERGY STAR qualified CFLs.
- Keep your lights and fixtures clean to improve efficiency as much as 20%.
- Energy efficient lighting comes in a variety of festive styles and colors, including light emitting diodes (LEDs), fiber optic lights, candelabra CFLs, and rope lights, all of which use substantially less energy than standard holiday lighting.